Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden is in

I know it's a little early to get the whole garden in, but I'm taking a risk. Russian roulette.  Big money. 

Ok, so it's not as serious as that. 

I do have two very good reasons, only one of which I can share in public.  We're supposed to get rain from tonight until September.  We're building an ark as I speak.  Well I'm not. I'm typing.  Ok, no one is building an ark.  But the weather does predict rain every single day until June. 

Not that I really trust the weather forecast that far out, but I'm going with it. 

Broccoli


Marjoram in the foreground, Spearmint in the background

The Marjoram has an amazing scent even this young.

Spearmint

Thyme- no comments from the peanut gallery on how I can't plant straight rows.  The 2 year old and 4year old were helping me plant, and I care WAY more about giving them opportunities for "creativity" than I do about straight rows.

Another favorite photo

Two different tomatoes.  And if it looks like I watered funny, it's because I planted the tomatoes sideways.  Last night when I planted them, they looked totally tipped over.  Overnight they righted themselves.  They're also planted off center of the bed because on the right side of the picture, I planted basil and cilantro seeds.

VERY happy tomato plant.


Here is my list veggies, fruits, and herbs that are in my garden this year.  Check it out!

2 comments:

Alysa said...

Yay for you and your crooked rows! I don't see you as the formal garden type anyway -- adds character! So much work you've put into it. Can't wait to see pics when everything grows and fills in. Envious.

Christel Ann Cook said...

Yay!!! Mine is almost all in!!! we did plant 20 more blueberries and 5 trees this week, as well as making 5-wide-row beds (in the ground, not raised) for corn and squash inside the orchard... hoping the raccoons won't destroy the corn. Hoping we can put in the tomatoes in this week! Its so exciting to see stuff growing! like the chinese greens i planted for stirfry... already up since monday!! :) I too planted Krousa parsley this year... i usually plant Forest Green, and really like it... i may have to order seeds for the Forest green next year. :) love checking on your garden progress! :)